MILW - Cedar River Bridge
Ramsey Millpond Rail Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in March 2015
BH Photo #318321
Spans relocated from a swing bridge over the Menomonee River in Milwaukee, built 1886. Information from the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library
- Abandoned pratt through truss bridge over Cedar River on abandoned Milwaukee Road railroad
- Mower County, Minnesota
- Built 1886, Relocated Here 1911; To become a trail
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 106.0 ft.
Total length: 212.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.71214, -92.95806 (decimal degrees)
43°42'44" N, 92°57'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/503378/4839902 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Austin East
- Inventory number
- BH 52970 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 5, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added category "Pedimented portal bracing"
- September 5, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added Build Date
- December 17, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Bridge is to become a trail
- August 27, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- March 16, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- March 7, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- August 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Railroad"
- July 20, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed austin from the"city section as the bridge is not within city limits.
- July 20, 2012: Added by John Marvig