Shanaska Creek Bridge
View from north
Photo taken by David Erickson in November 2008
To access this bridge, drive straight down the park road and stop near where it dead ends. Walk back behind the building in the grass and follow the treeline until you reach the bridge.
- Through truss bridge over Shanaska Creek
- Le Sueur County, Minnesota
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1875
- Pin-connected, 8-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 115.8 ft.
Total length: 118.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.26636, -93.89830 (decimal degrees)
44°15'59" N, 93°53'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/428302/4901850 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Saint Peter
- Inventory numbers
- MN 4846 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 20483 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2007)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 0.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- September 29, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- June 27, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Fixed GPS and gave some specific walking directions to the bridge.
- November 4, 2008: New photos from David Erickson