CP - St. Anthony Parkway Overpass
Photo taken by Matthew Lohry
BH Photo #180160
This bridge is a rather ornate example of 1920's concrete slab construction. This bridge features diamond stamps on either side of each span, and the mid-span support columns are pedestal-style columns that are quite beautiful to look at. Three of these columns support the structure at midspan, and a smooth arch transition from the bottom of the superstructure to the abutments exists at either end. The bridge is a busy one, carrying several trains per day. There were apparently two railroad lines at one time on this bridge, but now only one rail line exists. The bridge appears to be in OK shape, but is exhibiting some spalling on either side of the main spans. The railings are pipe railings, which are most likely original.
- Reinforced Concrete Slab bridge over St Anthony Pkwy on Cp Rail
- Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota
- Open to rail traffic
- Built 1920
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- 2 Span Concrete Slab
Length of largest span: 30.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.02502, -93.24893 (decimal degrees)
45°01'30" N, 93°14'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/480388/4985760 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Brighton
- Average daily traffic (as of 1995)
- Inventory numbers
- MN L5763 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 46318 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 1999)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 27, 2014: New photos from John Marvig
- April 20, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Ballasted Deck"
- October 4, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- August 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "railroad"
- October 2, 2010: New photos from Matthew Lohry
- September 25, 2010: Added by Matthew Lohry
- Matt Lohry
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com