Cannon Bottoms Road Bridge (Main Channel)
Portal Vew from the south
Photo taken by Matthew Lohry in July 2009
BH Photo #154067
Cannon bottoms road is closed between Cannon Valley trail on the south and Collischan Rd on the north. On this 0.6 mile [1 km] stretch of road there are three historic, abandoned bridges. Two trusses and one concrete T-beam. This is the north most bridge spanning the main channel of the river. The other two bridges are steel trusses.
- Abandoned concrete T-beam bridge over Cannon River on Cannon Bottom Road
- Red Wing, Goodhue County, Minnesota
- Built 1921 by the Minnesota Highway Department
- Concrete T-beam
Length of largest span: 48.3 ft.
Total length: 193.2 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.58270, -92.64456 (decimal degrees)
44°34'58" N, 92°38'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/528216/4936656 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- MN 3481 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 44007 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2005)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 43.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1971)
- May 23, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Merged NBI Data
- October 15, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: added description
- May 7, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: I had this mistakenly classified as a concrete stringer bridge, when it is actually a T-beam bridge.
- February 1, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Newly added to website
- Matt Lohry
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth