Cannon Bottoms Road Bridge (North Truss)
Side view, facing south east
Photo taken by Fmiser in October 2012
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #241509
Cannon bottoms road is closed between Cannon Valley trail on the south and Collischan Rd on the north. On this 0.6 mile [1 km] stretch of road there are three historic, abandoned bridges. Two trusses and one concrete T-beam. This is the middle bridge, or north truss.
- Lost through truss bridge over Cannon River in Red Wing, northern of two truss bridges.
- Red Wing, Goodhue County, Minnesota
- Built 1915
- 5 panel, pin connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 88.6 ft.
Total length: 93.8 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.57972, -92.64329 (decimal degrees)
44°34'47" N, 92°38'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/528318/4936326 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- Inventory numbers
- MN 1324 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 20375 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2020)
- Sufficiency rating: 18.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 4, 2016: Updated by Matt Lohry: New GE imagery shows no bridge here
- October 15, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: Added categories "5-panel truss", "A-frame portal", "Pin-connected", "Concrete deck"
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com
- Matt Lohry