Cannon Bottoms Road Bridge (South Truss)
Portal view from south
Photo taken by Matthew Lohry in July 2009
BH Photo #154060
While visiting this bridge last summer, I noticed that there is no defined creek that passes under this bridge. There are two other bridges on this road, a concrete T-beam from the 1920's (which I have added to the website) and another steel truss bridge (which I did not know about, and therefore missed altogether). The map above shows the main channel of the Cannon River, which is spanned by the concrete bridge, and a side channel of the Cannon River, which is spanned by the steel bridge that I missed. This bridge crosses over a flood area that usually does not have any more than a few large holes filled with water. I intend to make another trip to this road after the weather warms up to visit and photograph the bridge that I missed.
- Lost through truss bridge over a back channel of the Cannon River on Cannon Bottom Road in Red Wing
- Red Wing, Goodhue County, Minnesota
- Built 1911, Removed 2013
- 5 panel riveted Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 87.9 ft.
Total length: 92.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.57576, -92.64237 (decimal degrees)
44°34'33" N, 92°38'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/528393/4935886 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- MN 122 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 20379 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2007)
- Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- May 12, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Updated status per forum post
- October 15, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: Added categories "5-panel truss", "Riveted", "Concrete deck", "A-frame portal"
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated the feature that this bridge crosses
- February 1, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated road name and property info, and added photos
- Matt Lohry
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com