Root River Trail - S. Branch Root River Bridge #5
Root River Trail Bridge #5
Photo taken by John Marvig in July 2015
BH Photo #335129
Missing Lassig Bridge & Iron Works Plate signifies this bridge was built in the 1890s. Substructures were repaired in 1916.
- Pratt through truss bridge over North Branch Root River on Root River State Trail
- Fillmore County, Minnesota
- Open to pedestrians only
- Repaired 1916
- - Lassig Bridge & Iron Works of Chicago, Illinois
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 135.0 ft.
Total length: 425.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.73757, -91.95798 (decimal degrees)
43°44'15" N, 91°57'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/583910/4843254 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 65147 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 21, 2015: New photo from John Marvig
- August 13, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: added build date and photos
- December 29, 2014: Added by John Marvig