Old MN 16 Bridge
Photo taken by Benjamin Cole
BH Photo #196197
Found this bridge canoeing on the root river last weekend plenty of holes in the concrete deck and you can see it has not been used in quite some time, next time i head down that way i might try to get a few pictures, any help would be greatly appreciated
I believe this the only camelback truss left in SE MN
- Abandoned camelback through truss bridge over Root River on State Hwy 16?
- Peterson, Fillmore County, Minnesota
- Built 1910
- 8 panel Camelback through truss, with a warren pony truss for the north approach
Length of largest span: 151.9 ft.
Total length: 193.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.78134, -91.86459 (decimal degrees)
43°46'53" N, 91°51'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/591364/4848213 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Rushford West
- Inventory numbers
- MN L4698 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 45799 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 6, 2011: New photos from Benjamin Cole
- March 27, 2011: New photos from Benjamin Cole
- January 23, 2011: New photo from Benjamin Cole
- August 4, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Incorporated NBI data
- August 4, 2010: Added by Benjamin Cole
- Benjamin Cole - mountainjam99 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Cliff Darby - clif30 [at] hotmail [dot] com