Root River Trail - Lanesboro Bridge (E)
Photo taken in 2005 by Jason Smith
BH Photo #111984
Bridge was built using relocated pieces in 1911. Bridge was to be constructed using 3-66'4" Deck Girder spans and a 105' Pratt Pony Truss Span. However, a damaged piece forced the first girder to be replaced with a shorter span. From east to west, this bridge contains:
60' Deck Girder Span, built 1894. The span was relocated from the Wabasha Yard, and a bridge in Donhower, Minnesota before that.
2-66'4" Deck Girder Spans, built 1879. The spans were relocated from a skewed bridge over the Menomonee River in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Rebuilt 1911.
1-105' Pratt Pony Truss, built 1889. Relocated from unknown location. Strengthened 1911.
Information from Milwaukee Road Archives at Milwaukee Central Library
- Pratt Pony Truss Bridge over Root River on Root River Trail
- Lanesboro, Fillmore County, Minnesota
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1911 using relocated pieces
- - Lassig Bridge & Iron Works of Chicago, Illinois
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 310.0 ft.
- Also called
- Root River Trail - S. Branch Root River Bridge #4
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.72308, -91.97012 (decimal degrees)
43°43'23" N, 91°58'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/582953/4841632 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36297 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 15, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: added detailed build dates
- December 29, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information, Corrected Build Date
- November 24, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- August 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added categories "Rail-to-trail", "railroad"
- February 18, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated GPS coordinates
- February 21, 2008: Added by Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Matt Lohry
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Minnesota Historical Society - River, Lanesboro Minnesota, 1910