Main Street Bridge
Photo taken by Jason Smith in January 2011
BH Photo #191791
This current stone arch bridge was to be demolished, taken apart, cleaned and put back together, but with the city, county, state, NRHS and various preservation groups fighting,the bridge was taken down, being replaced by a new concrete bridge that will look exactly the same when completed.
- Stone arch bridge over Carver Spring on CR 40 (Main Street) in Carver
- Carver, Carver County, Minnesota
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1885
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 16.1 ft.
Total length: 19.0 ft.
Deck width: 36.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.76215, -93.62471 (decimal degrees)
44°45'44" N, 93°37'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/450560/4956719 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- MN L2783 (Minnesota bridge number)
BH 20320 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2007)
- Sufficiency rating: 67.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- October 31, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Updated status: Historic bridge is lost
- January 8, 2011: Updated by Jason Smith: Added information on the bridge
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com