NS - Dexter-Pinckney Road Overpass
Photo taken by Jim Allen in Nov. 2012
BH Photo #313871
The road this bridge crosses is named 'Island Lake' by Google Maps & a Dexter city map, but called 'Dexter-Pinckney' by Bing Maps & a road sign just southeast of the bridge.
- Stone arch bridge over Dexter-Pinckney Road on Penn Central Railroad
- Washtenaw County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Originally the Michigan Central Railroad (c1841).
- - Michigan Central Railroad (MC)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Stone arch
Span length: 25.9 ft.
Total length: 25.9 ft.
- Also called
- Penn Central Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.33944, -83.89194 (decimal degrees)
42°20'22" N, 83°53'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/261763/4691516 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- MINBI 81200071000X010 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2010 and before)
MINEW 10993 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 20265 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 13, 2016: New photos from Rick McOmber
- November 21, 2015: Updated by Jim Allen: added road naming note & history
- January 16, 2015: New photo from Jim Allen