Old Postcard View
BH Photo #444894
This bridge was mentioned by Grant Farrand in his notes from 1949. Although he suggested the bridge was collapsed and not rebuilt, historic maps from 1872 show the Leland (Then spelled Leeland) property to be in the vicinity of where this current bridge is marked.
- Lost Bowstring through truss bridge over St Joseph River on Stowell Road
- St. Joseph County, Michigan
- No longer exists
- Built in 1869 by Simon de Graff; replaced in 1942 after an automobile crashed through it's floor.
- - Simon de Graff of Syracuse, New York (Builder)
- Squire Whipple of Albany, New York (Design)
- Bowstring through truss
Total length: 122.0 ft.
- Also called
- Leeland Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.97246, -85.30265 (decimal degrees)
41°58'21" N, 85°18'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/640633/4648112 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84711 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 8, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 21, 2019: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- March 21, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon