Constantine-Washington Street Bowstring Bridge
Pre 1923 photo
BH Photo #444823
Grant Farrand's notes talk about 3 bowstring bridges being built by Simon de Graff of Syracuse, New York. He built this bridge in the summer of 1869 for $15,000. It collapsed in November of that year and was rebuilt by early 1870. This bridge stood until 1905 when the 3-span pony truss bridge was built.
- Lost Bridge over St Joseph River
- Constantine, St. Joseph County, Michigan
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in August 1869 by Simon de Graff; replaced in 1905.
- - Simon de Graff of Syracuse, New York (Builder)
- Squire Whipple of Albany, New York (Design)
- Bowstring through truss (Squire Whipple design)
Total length: 231.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.84281, -85.66961 (decimal degrees)
41°50'34" N, 85°40'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/610451/4633179 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84698 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 22, 2019: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- March 19, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon