"The Iron Bridge"
Pre 1923 photo
BH Photo #444933
I thought this was a Canton built bridge at first, based on the X style "Budget Cresting". I can't make out the builder's name but the plaque says "Chicago, Ill"
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Manistique River on Deer Street
- Manistique, Schoolcraft County, Michigan
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1890 to replace the Red Bridge; replaced in 1919 by the current Siphon Bridge.
- (3)5-panel, pinned Pratt through trusses
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.96200, -86.24998 (decimal degrees)
45°57'43" N, 86°14'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/558115/5090099 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84721 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 23, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon