No votes cast

East Main Street Bridge


Riveted diaphragm

Photo taken by Paul Plassman in March 2017


BH Photo #506848

Street View 


Lost Steel stringer bridge over Silver Creek on East Main Street (formerly M-120)
Morenci, Lenawee County, Michigan
Replaced by a new bridge
Built 1941 by E.C. Nolan & Son; demolished and replaced 2020 by slab
- E.C. Nolan & Son
Riveted steel stringer
Length of largest span: 34.8 ft.
Total length: 37.7 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+41.71836, -84.20523   (decimal degrees)
41°43'06" N, 84°12'19" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
16/732485/4622281 (zone/easting/northing)
Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
Inventory numbers
MINEW 05724 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 94293 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of September 2018)
Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 34.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Update Log 

  • September 9, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman


  • Paul Plassman


East Main Street Bridge
Posted September 9, 2021, by Mike Kerkau (mjkerkau [at] gmail [dot] com)

Fun fact: Turns out, this iteration of M-120 used to run from state line to state line in the bottom of the state.

When so designated, it used to connect to Indiana's own State Route 120 (which remains in northern Indiana in this area), along the stretch where the Indiana state line runs south. It would follow Territorial Road in Hillsdale County, which then turned into Morenci Road upon crossing U.S. 127.

The information listing has it as connecting to Ohio's State Route 568 when Morenci Road exits Michigan - however, upon further digging, it turns out that 568 would be re-designated on their side as Ohio's own 120 (which it remains today)!

For whatever reason, though, this version of M-120 would only last 22 years, being transferred back to local control in 1961.