Deerfield Road Bridge
West portal view
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in June 2019
BH Photo #503152
This bridge replaced a single span Parker through truss bridge. The concrete bridge that replaced this Parker truss originally had Type R4 Railings on it.
- Concrete stringer bridge over River Raisin on Deerfield Road
- Lenawee County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement in 2022, contract letting Feb 4, 2022
- Built 1955 over River Raisin
- 3 span curved concrete T-beam
Length of largest span: 48.9 ft.
Total length: 119.8 ft.
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.88512, -83.97088 (decimal degrees)
41°53'06" N, 83°58'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/253504/4641289 (zone/easting/northing)
- 700 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- MINEW 05569 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 93944 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 32.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 5, 2022: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added history and replacement plans.
- August 17, 2021: New Street View added by Paul Plassman