Silverwood Road Bridge
Photo taken by Gene Oliver in October 2019
BH Photo #464794
This is a beautiful example of a Concrete curved chord through girder and is the last bridge of any historical significance in Lapeer county.
- Concrete curved chord "Camelback" through girder bridge over North Branch of Flint River on Silverwood Rd.
- North Branch, Lapeer County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1928
- Concrete curved chord through girder
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 75.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Also called
- Silverwood Road Camelback
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.24558, -83.24714 (decimal degrees)
43°14'44" N, 83°14'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/317567/4790538 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87749 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 11, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed description from Camelback through truss to a concrete curved chord through girder.
- January 11, 2020: New photos from Gene Oliver
- Gene Oliver
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com