NS Grand River Swing Bridge
Main swing span was built 1902-1903 by American Bridge Company. The fixed span immediately to the north was built 1901 by Detroit Bridge and Iron Works. The northernmost span was built 1922 by American Bridge Company while the southernmost span was built 1908 by American Bridge Company. All are pin-connected Pratt through trusses except for the 1922 span, which is a riveted Warren through truss.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Grand River on Norfolk Southern RR (formerly Pere Marquette RR)
- Grand Rapids, Kent County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901-1903 by American Bridge Co. and Detroit Bridge and Iron Works, northernmost span replaced 1908, southernmost span replaced 1922
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- Detroit Bridge & Iron Works of Detroit, Michigan
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 231.0 ft.
Total length: 654.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Also called
- PM Grand River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.95810, -85.68060 (decimal degrees)
42°57'29" N, 85°40'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/607615/4757006 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Grand Rapids West
- Inventory number
- BH 52083 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 13, 2013: New Street View added by Brent Tindall
- April 17, 2012: Added by Frank Hicks