Escanaba Street Railway - Escanaba River Trestle
Most of the pilings are still present but the deck has been removed
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in June 2007
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #240706
This wooden trestle was built for the Escanaba Street Railway, most likely in the early 1890s. It has long since been abandoned, but the pilings are still visible.
- Abandoned timber stringer bridge over Escanaba River on Escanaba Street Railway
- Escanaba, Delta County, Michigan
- Built 1893
- - Escanaba Street Railway
- Timber stringer
Total length: 390.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.77918, -87.06547 (decimal degrees)
45°46'45" N, 87°03'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/494910/5069515 (zone/easting/northing)
- 580 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 53721 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 2, 2012: Updated by Jann Mayer: Added category "Escanaba Street Railway"