Hickory Island Bridge
MDOT gave a 1920 build date for this span. Being as it is a pinned Pratt truss with latticed portal bracing, it more likely dates from around the turn of the century.
See pictures on Historic Bridges.org
- Through truss bridge over Rifle River on Hickory Island Road
- Arenac County, Michigan
- Currently closed to traffic
- Thought to have been built close to around 1900; closed to traffic February 19, 2009
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 128.0 ft.
Total length: 128.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 21.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.01500, -83.82389 (decimal degrees)
44°00'54" N, 83°49'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/273650/4877416 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- Inventory numbers
- MINBI 06302H00005B010 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2010 and before)
MINEW 00450 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 19957 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2016)
- Sufficiency rating: 21.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 18, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- April 17, 2017: New photos from Sherman Cahal
- September 17, 2011: New photo from Luke Harden
- September 17, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated information