BAR - Bunker Brook Trestle
~70' high trestle over Bunker Brook on the former Bangor & Piscataquis Railroad. Built on a new alignment by the Pennsylvania Steel Company in 1899 to replace a curved wooden trestle located immediately downstream. The bridge eventually forced weight restrictions on the line before being abandoned in 1964 and likely removed soon after.
- Lost Deck truss bridge over Bunker Stream on BAR Greenville Branch
- Piscataquis County, Maine
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1899 to replace a wooden trestle; abandoned 1964 and removed since
- - Pennsylvania Steel Co. of Steelton, Pennsylvania
- - Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR)
- Bangor & Piscataquis Railroad (BAPI)
- Deck truss
Length of largest span: 99.0 ft.
Total length: 438.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.32930, -69.59120 (decimal degrees)
45°19'45" N, 69°35'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/453672/5019701 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Monson West
- Inventory number
- BH 67046 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 16, 2015: Added by Ian Martin