Boom Birch Covered Bridge 19-10-15x
Boom Birch Covered Bridge
Photo from the Richard E. Roy Collection
BH Photo #537165
This covered bridge was constructed using log crib piers.
Some of this information from lostbridges.org
- Lost Queenpost through truss bridge over Birch Stream on Southgate Road; RT 116
- Old Town, Penobscot County, Maine
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1899
- Queenpost through truss
Length of largest span: 69.0 ft.
Total length: 80.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.98850, -68.67530 (decimal degrees)
44°59'19" N, 68°40'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/525596/4981724 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 99540 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 22, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com