Paradise Hill Road Bridge
This structure provides a grade separation between the Paradise Hill Road and Maine Route 233, giving park visitors unimpeded access to the Park Loop Road without having to pass through the congested streets of Bar Harbor.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Concrete arch bridge over ME 233 on Paradise Hill Road in Bar Harbor
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, Maine
- Open to traffic
- Built 1951
- - George O'Neill (Engineer)
- Harold MacQuinn Construction Co. of Hulls Cove, Maine
Span length: 43.0 ft.
Total length: 43.0 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.38083, -68.23167 (decimal degrees)
44°22'51" N, 68°13'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/561205/4914459 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bar Harbor
- Inventory number
- BH 19854 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2014)
- Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 74.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- January 3, 2015: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- October 22, 2014: HAER photos posted by Luke
- May 28, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- November 4, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- May 25, 2012: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- Nathan Holth
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER ME-17 - Route 233 Bridge, Spanning Route 233 on Paradise Hill Road, Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net