Otter Cove Bridge
The triple-arched Otter Cove Causeway spans Otter Cove, connecting Otter Point with the Blackwoods section of the park. One of the most impressive structures along the Park Loop Motor Road, the causeway gently curves along the ocean's edge, affording spectacular views of the Otter Cove inlet and the open sea.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Stone arch bridge over Otter Cove Creek on One-Way Park Loop
- Hancock County, Maine
- Open to traffic
- Built 1938; rehabilitated 1973
- - J.M. Francesca & Co. of Fayetteville, West Virginia
- Sammons, Robertson & Henry
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 17.1 ft.
Total length: 48.9 ft.
Deck width: 26.6 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.31656, -68.20051 (decimal degrees)
44°18'60" N, 68°12'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/563756/4907344 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Seal Harbor
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory number
- BH 19851 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 97.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 15, 2016: New Street View added by Luke
- February 23, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- December 25, 2014: HAER photos posted by Dave King
- October 22, 2014: Photo imported by Brian Bartlett
- September 8, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Edited name and map, added photograph and street view.
- HAER ME-19 - Otter Creek Cove Bridge & Causeway, Spanning Otter Creek Cove on Park Loop Road, Seal Harbor, Hancock County, ME