Photo from the Maine Department of Transportation Archives
BH Photo #537178
This bridge was supported by log crib abutments.
Some of this information from lostbridges.org
- Lost Howe deck truss bridge over Pattee Brook on Dorsey Road
- Fort Fairfield, Aroostook County, Maine
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1923 by the Town of Fort Fairfield; Unsure date of removal and replacement (may have been 1930)
- - Town of Fort Fairfield
- Howe deck truss
Length of largest span: 121.5 ft.
Total length: 132.8 ft.
Deck width: 18.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.76197, -67.81776 (decimal degrees)
46°45'43" N, 67°49'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/590278/5179391 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 99548 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 22, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com