River Park Road Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman
BH Photo #183107
The builder Wendell Bollman invented the "Bollman truss" however this bridge does NOT use the Bollman truss. The pedestrian bridge was added later.
- Pony truss bridge over C&O Canal on River Park Road
- Washington County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1879; rehabilitated 1985
- - Wendel Bollman of Baltimore, Maryland
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 66.9 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.5 ft.
- Also called
- Bollman Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.59889, -77.82639 (decimal degrees)
39°35'56" N, 77°49'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/257315/4387056 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 19799 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 48.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- April 19, 2016: New photo from Art Suckewer
- November 6, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- October 24, 2010: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added more details about bridge.
- October 23, 2010: New photos from Jodi Christman
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com