Note: The following information comes from the National Bridge Inventory and has not been verified.
- Wooden bridge over Bear Creek on Old US 40 in Hancock
- Washington County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916; rehabilitated 1995
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 22.0 ft.
Total length: 24.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.70028, -78.31611 (decimal degrees)
39°42'01" N, 78°18'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/730063/4397903 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory number
- BH 19770 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 83.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com