Casselman River US 40 Bridge
Photo taken by Janis Ford
BH Photo #131877
The bridge was rehabilitated in the autumn of 2008 through early spring 2009 and was re-opened before summer of 2009.
- Through truss bridge over Casselman River on US 40 ALT
- Garrett County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1932; rehabilitated 2008
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 132.9 ft.
Total length: 137.1 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.69605, -79.14254 (decimal degrees)
39°41'46" N, 79°08'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/659258/4395671 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 19692 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 91.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- March 1, 2014: Updated by Jim Allen: Refined coordinates
- November 6, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- January 3, 2013: Photo imported by Jim Grey
- January 3, 2013: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Updated description
- July 27, 2010: New photo from Daniel Hopkins