Utica Mills Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Daniel McFarland in December 2006
BH Photo #193232
This bridge is a salvaged span of the old Devilbiss Covered Bridge that was washed off of it's substructure during the Johnstown Flood in 1889.
- Burr Arch through truss bridge over Fishing Creek on Utica Road
- Frederick County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Rehabilitated 1997
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 44.0 ft.
Total length: 87.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Devilbiss Covered Bridge (Historic name)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.52526, -77.39767 (decimal degrees)
39°31'31" N, 77°23'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/293913/4377812 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Catoctin Furnace
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
BH 47800 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 69.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 27, 2018: Updated by Will Truax: Corrected Truss Type and description and added WG#
- November 6, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 27, 2013: New photos from Jodi Christman
- February 3, 2011: New photos from Daniel McFarland
- January 21, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Daniel McFarland
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Will Truax - Bridgewright [at] gmail [dot] com