Loys Station Covered Bridge 20-10-03 #2
Photo taken by Daniel McFarland in December 2006
BH Photo #193235
The Loys Station Covered Bridge is a multiple king post wooden covered bridge near Thurmont, Maryland. The bridge was burned by an arsonist in 1991 and rebuilt using surviving framing. The original bridge spanned 90 feet in one span, but has since been modified with a pier at the middle of the span - Credit Wikipedia
- Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Owens Creek on Old Frederick Road
- Frederick County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1885; rehabilitated 1994
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 38.1 ft.
Total length: 89.9 ft.
Deck width: 12.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.60875, -77.35132 (decimal degrees)
39°36'32" N, 77°21'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/298140/4386975 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47799 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 67.4 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- April 16, 2015: New photos from David McCardell
- November 6, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- November 19, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description
- February 3, 2011: New photos from Daniel McFarland
- January 21, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Daniel McFarland
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- Wikipedia - Tidbit on bridge
- David McCardell - mccardelldavid [at] gmail [dot] com