Apples Church Road Bridge
Photo taken by Daniel McFarland
Notes on build: "It is a gusset plate truss which was prefabricated using rivets in a factory, delivered to the site and assembled. The trusses came in two halves that were then bolted together at the site. Then the floor system was installed." SOURCE: 'Historic Bridges of Frederick County - Frederick County, Maryland Division of Public Works" Office of Transportation Engineering
- Pony truss bridge over Owens Creek on Apples Church Road
- Frederick County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917; rehabilitated 1997
- - York Bridge Co. of York, Pennsylvania
- Riveted Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 62.0 ft.
Total length: 65.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.63066, -77.37060 (decimal degrees)
39°37'50" N, 77°22'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/296549/4389450 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 19648 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 48.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- November 6, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- June 5, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added more details
- January 27, 2009: New photo from Daniel McFarland
- Daniel McFarland
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com