Sixes Bridge Road Bridge
Photo taken by Daniel McFarland
BH Photo #133599
According to Office of Transportation Engineering this bridge was built in 1915 by the York Bridge Company of York
PA. Rehabilitation was completed in the Spring of 1995. At 240 feet long it is the longest historic bridge in Frederick County. It is the only two span historic bridge remaining on the Monocacy River owned by Frederick County. Many of the lower chord members
and diagonals were repaired or replaced in 1995.
- Two-span through truss bridge over Monocacy River on Sixes Bridge Road
- Frederick County, Maryland, and Carroll County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1910; rehabilitated 1995
- - York Bridge Co. of York, Pennsylvania
- Two pin-connected, 7-panel Pratt through trusses
Length of largest span: 119.1 ft.
Total length: 240.2 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.63066, -77.28837 (decimal degrees)
39°37'50" N, 77°17'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/303607/4389267 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory number
- BH 19685 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 49.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 6, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- May 19, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added data from Office of Trans. Eng.
- February 16, 2009: New photos from Daniel McFarland