C&O Canal Catoctin Creek Aqueduct[Map] Stone arch bridge over Catoctin Creek on C&O Canal Towpath Path (former Chesapeake & Ohio Canal) Open to pedestrians Partially collapsed by flooding 1973; rebuilt and reopened 2011
C&O Canal Monocacy River Bridge[Map · Street View] Stone arch bridge over Monocacy River on Old Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Open to pedestrians Built as one of the seven aqueducts on the C&O Canal, which ran from Georgetown, DC to Cumberland, MD.
Catoctin Creek Bridge (old-covered)[Map] Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Catoctin Creek on Old National Pike (Alt 40) No longer exists Built in 1864 to replace the bridge burned by J.E.B. Stuart on Sept. 13, 1862. Demolished in 1923
Catoctin Furnace Bridge[Map] Bowstring pony truss bridge over Little Hunting Creek on a pedestrian path Open to pedestrians Built ca. 1872
Crum Road Bridge[Map] Bowstring pony truss bridge originally over Israel Creek on Crum Road Replaced by new bridge, Relocated to Heritage Park in Walkersville Built 1880; dissassembled in 1994
Crum Road Bridge[Map] Bowstring pony truss bridge over Ballenger Creek on the Ballenger Creek Park Nature Trail Open to pedestrians Originally built on Crum Road near Walkersville; later relocated to Ballenger Creek Park on a walking trail
Devilbiss Bridge[Map] Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Monocacy River on Devilbiss Bridge Road No longer exists Covered bridge washed out June 1889. One span was salvageable so only western span ordered. WIBCo. won. It was then decided to relocate rather than reset the eastern span (now Utica Mills Covered Bridge). Eastern span then bid and won by CBW
Devilbiss Covered Bridge[Map] Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Monocacy River on Devilbiss Bridge Road Destroyed by flooding from the Johnstown flood in June of 1889. One span was salvaged and was going to be reset but was moved to Utica Mills instead and still exists! Destroyed by flooding from the Johnstown flood in June of 1889. One span was salvaged and was going to be reset but was moved to Utica Mills instead and still exists!
Old Hagerstown Road Bridge[Map] Pratt pony truss bridge originally over Little Catoctin Creek on Old Hagerstown Road Relocated for reuse Built 1920; rehabilitated 1978; relocated to local golf course 1994
Old Links Bridge[Map] Lost Bridge over Monocacy River on Old Links Bridge Road Replaced by a new bridge