Sparks Road Bridge
From the East
Photo taken by gtg362i in March 2010
BH Photo #193308
Features unique laced endposts not often seen on WIBC structures.
- Pratt through truss (with added arch) over Gunpowder Falls on Sparks Road
- Baltimore County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1888; rehabilitated 1990
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pinned Pratt through truss with an added steel reinforcing arch. Original bridge is likely wrought iron.
Length of largest span: 174.9 ft.
Total length: 178.2 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.54000, -76.63833 (decimal degrees)
39°32'24" N, 76°38'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/359214/4377985 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory number
- BH 19608 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 7, 2015: New photos from David McCardell
- February 5, 2011: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Changed truss type to reflect how the bridge was originally designed.
- February 5, 2011: Updated by James Gonzalski: Added Builder
- James Gonzalski
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- David McCardell - mccardelldavid [at] gmail [dot] com