Rating:
No votes cast

Cedar Avenue Bridge

Photos 

Cedar Avenue Bridge

View from Jones Falls (name of the creek--the waterfall is a dam)

View this photo at scontent.fphl2-3.fna.fbcdn.net

BH Photo #410392

Map 

Facts 

Overview
Lost Steel arch bridge over Jones Falls and railroad tracks
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
Status
Removed but not replaced
History
Built 1890, removed in 1960s
Builders
- Charles H. Latrobe of Baltimore, Maryland (Design)
- Jones & Thorne of Baltimore, Maryland (Substructure)
- King Iron Bridge & Manufacturing Co. of Cleveland, Ohio (Fabrication) [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- Krug & Son of Baltimore, Maryland (Ornamented Railing)
Design
Steel arch, three hinged. Consisting of three arch ribs.
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
Also called
Druid Hill Park Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+39.32281, -76.63105   (decimal degrees)
39°19'22" N, 76°37'52" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/359404/4353868 (zone/easting/northing)
Inventory number
BH 79359 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • November 8, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added builders
  • November 8, 2017: Updated by Nathan Holth: Add details and photos.
  • November 8, 2017: Added by Alexander D. Mitchell IV

Sources