Calvert Street Bridge
Reportedly, three lion sculptures from this bridge were removed in 1957 and eventually ended up in a small park in Bolton Hill adjacent to the Francis Scott Key Monument.
- Lost Bowstring Truss Bridge on Calvert Street
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Built 1878. Demolished ca. 1970s.
- - Charles H. Latrobe of Baltimore, Maryland (Engineer)
- Bowstring pony truss
Length of largest span: 146.0 ft.
Total length: 600.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.30678, -76.61339 (decimal degrees)
39°18'24" N, 76°36'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/360895/4352061 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Baltimore East
- Inventory number
- BH 71878 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 10, 2018: New photos from Nathan Holth
- July 10, 2018: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Corrected misspelling in "name" category
- July 9, 2018: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added build date, lengths, and bridge type, per historical article.
- April 19, 2016: Added by ArtS