WB&A - Crain Highway Overpass
WB&A-Crain Highway overpass
Information and illustrations derived from a paper by William H. Ross Jr. ca 1931
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley
BH Photo #295863
WB&A used one of their cantilevered turntables from the Bladens Street station, which they bought in 1921, as the bridge. Because the WB&A was electrified they could be run in reverse and hence didn't need the turntable at the station.
- Lost Bridge over Jabez Branch on WB&A RR
- Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- Removed but not replaced
- 1921 cantilevered railroad turntable
- - Interurban
- Washington, Baltimore & Annapolis Electric Railway (WB&A)
- Cantilevered railroad turntable
Length of largest span: 54.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.6 ft.
- Also called
- Later known as B&O bridge #4
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.05865, -76.65446 (decimal degrees)
39°03'31" N, 76°39'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/356851/4324587 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 63139 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 26, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added category "Washington, Baltimore & Annapolis Electric Railway"
- September 26, 2014: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com