Wellersburg & Jennings Run Railroad Trestle
Trestle over Md. Route 36 looking East
This view is looking East toward Corriganville. Jennings run is directly to the right of the trestle pier. Barrelville is just beyond and to the left.
Photo taken by Patrick Stakem
BH Photo #376402
The Trestle was built by the Wellersburg & Jennings Run Railroad. It's purpose was to connect the coal mines and iron furnace in Wellersburg, PA with the Mount Savage / Cumberland and Pennsylvania Railroad.
- Lost Deck girder trestle bridge over Maryland Route 36 and Jennings Run on The Wellersburg & Jennings Run Railroad
- Barrelville, Allegany County, Maryland
- Built 1854
- - Walker, Abernethy, Dudley, & Co.
- Deck girder
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.70071, -78.84385 (decimal degrees)
39°42'03" N, 78°50'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/684857/4396761 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 75249 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 20, 2017: Added by Mike Piontka