Shrewsbury Street Bridge
Carries Shrewsbury Street/MA 140 with one sidewalk over the MBTA's Worcester Line (formerly CSX's Boston Subdivision) at Milepost QB38.01.
- Steel stringer bridge over MBTA Worcester Line on Shrewsbury Street/MA 140
- Grafton, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Bridge structure is decaying, and is high priority for rehabilitation
- Built 1936
- - Boston & Albany Railroad (B&A; BA)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Conrail (CR)
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Steel stringer with Concrete (Cast-in-Place) Deck surfaced with asphalt.
Length of largest span: 69.9 ft.
Total length: 150.9 ft.
Deck width: 40.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.23969, -71.71311 (decimal degrees)
42°14'23" N, 71°42'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/276144/4679954 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- FRA 501762N
MA G08020 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 66578 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 57.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 20, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Merged NBI data
- March 20, 2015: New Street View added by Erich Pfistner