Clamshell Road Bridge
Built in 1903 as part of the relocation of the Central Mass. around the Wachusett Reservoir. Railroad was abandoned in 1958; to eventually be converted to a rail-trail.
- Deck arch bridge over Boston & Maine Railroad on Clamshell Road in Clinton
- Clinton, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1903
- - Boston & Maine Railroad (B&M; BM)
- Central Massachusetts Railroad
- Deck arch
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 68.9 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.40449, -71.67850 (decimal degrees)
42°24'16" N, 71°40'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/279575/4698164 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MA C16011 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 65595 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 69.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 29, 2020: Photo imported by Ian Martin
- January 20, 2015: New Street View added by Ian Martin