SNETT - St. Paul Street Bridge
SNETT bridge over St Paul Street, February 2016
Photo by Pi.1415926535
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
View this photo at Wikimedia Commons
BH Photo #352620
"The 45-foot long deck plate girder span is probably the earliest of the ten deck plate girder railroad bridges built in Blackstone. A present it consists of five plate girder stringers 4'-7" deep, linked by cross bracing. Four other girders (2 @ 3'-8" and 2 @ 5'-0" deep) have been removed and sit on land adjacent to the bridge. The bridge is adjacent to the Blackstone station site and may have carried a side track or portions of the station platform."
-Peter H. Stott, National Register Criteria Statement, 2/1988
- Deck plate girder bridge over St. Paul Street on Southern New England Trunkline Trail/East Coast Greenway
- Blackstone, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Under construction
- Built 1901
- - Boston Bridge Works of Boston, Massachusetts
- - New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 45.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
- Also called
- Midland Division Railroad Bridge #34
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.01554, -71.53677 (decimal degrees)
42°00'56" N, 71°32'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/289954/4654614 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72021 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 28, 2016: New Street View added by Ian Martin