Factory Pond Railroad Bridge #36.58
Will likely open for trail use in either 2015 or 2016.
"The 200-foot deck-plat e girder bridge over Factory Pond is the longest of the railroad bridges in Blackstone. It is composed of two nearly identical spans, each with girder depths of 9'-0". The two girder stringers which make up each span are laced together with angles and gusset plates, with a 20-inch wide plate making up the top and bottom flanges of the girders . Although the abutments appear to have been designed for two tracks, the concrete center pier was only designed for a single track."
-P.H. Stott, 2/1988
- Deck plate girder bridge over Factory Pond on Southern New England Trunkline Trail in Blackstone
- Blackstone, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Under construction
- Built 1918
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - New York & New England Railroad (NYNE)
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 100.5 ft.
Total length: 200.0 ft.
Deck width: 7.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.01845, -71.54640 (decimal degrees)
42°01'06" N, 71°32'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/289166/4654962 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 68028 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 15, 2015: Added by Ian Martin