Highly skewed concrete arch built to replace an 1897 plate girder bridge. Widened from 51'8" to 64' in 1986. Google still shows an arch under the modern bridge, so presumably the bridge survives underneath the modern alterations.
- Concrete arch bridge over ST/Pan Am Worcester Main on MA 12 (W. Boylston Street) in Worcester
- Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927; rehabilitated/widened 1986
- - Boston & Maine Railroad (B&M; BM)
Length of largest span: 74.2 ft.
Total length: 78.1 ft.
Deck width: 64.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 53 degrees
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.32422, -71.79348 (decimal degrees)
42°19'27" N, 71°47'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/269819/4689555 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Worcester North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- MA W44028 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19473 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 84.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 22, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Merged MACRIS Info.