Alice Bridges Bridge
Colonel Seth Read's 1777 Grist Mill in right background
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in August 2016
BH Photo #362729
Named for Alice W. Bridges, an Uxbridge native, who competed in the 1936 Summer Olympics as a swimmer.
- Stone arch bridge over Mumford River on MA 16 (Mendon Street) in Uxbridge
- Uxbridge, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 44.9 ft.
Total length: 49.9 ft.
Deck width: 34.5 ft.
- Also called
- Mumford River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.07639, -71.62833 (decimal degrees)
42°04'35" N, 71°37'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/282580/4661600 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- MA U02009 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19497 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2015)
- Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 84.4 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- September 2, 2016: Updated by Chester Gehman: Corrected common name; added description.
- August 11, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin
- November 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added city
- Ian Martin
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com