Millers River Bridge
The replacement bridge is a Bailey type pony truss; a similar bridge carries Chestnut Hill Ave over the ex- B&M RR tracks a few hundred feet to the south, which has no entry on this site. (MA 15012)
- Pony truss bridge over Millers River on MA 32 (Chestnut Hill Avenue) in Athol
- Athol, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Prior bridge built 1850; rehabilitated 1921; replaced 1998.
- Bailey pony truss (or Bailey type)
Length of largest span: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 109.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.59667, -72.22083 (decimal degrees)
42°35'48" N, 72°13'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/728008/4719771 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- Inventory numbers
- MA A15009 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19491 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 22, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Bridge has been replaced
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com