Long Island Viaduct
Bridge connecting Long Island to Moon Island, which in turn is connected to the mainland by a causeway. Mainly used to access a large shelter for the homeless. Closed in October 2014 after years of neglect caused the bridge to be on the brink of failure. Scheduled for replacement over the next three years.
- Warren through truss with all verticals bridge over Boston Harbor on Long Island Road
- Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- Built 1951, demolished 2015
- - Bethlehem Steel Co. of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Crandall Engineering Co.
- For most of its length this is a Warren deck truss. At the ship channel there is a short (five panel?) polygonal Warren through truss with all verticals.
Length of largest span: 250.0 ft.
Total length: 3,325.0 ft. (0.6 mi.)
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.30804, -70.98241 (decimal degrees)
42°18'29" N, 70°58'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/336612/4685881 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 63923 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 26, 2014: Updated by Luke: Added builder
- December 26, 2014: Updated by Clark Vance: Design description details.
- November 1, 2014: Added by Ian Martin
- Ian Martin
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com