BRB&L - East Boston Tunnels
BRB&L Jeffries Point tunnel south portals, August 2015
The south end of the former BRB&L Jeffries Point Tunnel, photographed in August 2015. The end of the southbound bore at left is bricked off, while the northbound bore is open but filled with debris.
Photo by Pi.1415926535
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
View this photo at Wikimedia Commons
BH Photo #344700
Twin 400-foot tunnels connecting the BRB&L to the docks and ferries to Boston. Northern portals have been closed & filled in; south portals are intact behind MassPort buildings.
- Abandoned tunnels under Jeffries Point on Boston, Revere Beach & Lynn Railroad
- East Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts
- Built 1875; abandoned 1940
- - Boston, Revere Beach & Lynn Railroad (BRB&L)
Total length: 400.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.36455, -71.03256 (decimal degrees)
42°21'52" N, 71°01'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/332628/4692254 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 63753 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 30, 2015: Photo imported by Ian Martin
- October 21, 2014: Added by Ian Martin