The Wading Place Bridge
Carries East Main Street (MA Route 105) over the Nemasket River.
A historical marker, placed in 1930, states:
"The Wading Place"
"Site of the ford or wading place where the Indian Trail from Plymouth to "Middleberry" (Middleborough) crossed the Nemasket River. When the town was established, 1669, its southern boundary was described as extending "six mile from the wadeing place."
- Concrete tee beam bridge over Nemasket River on MA-105/East Main Street
- Middleborough, Plymouth County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1926.
- Concrete Tee beam structure; cast concrete desk
Length of largest span: 34.1 ft.
Total length: 38.1 ft.
Deck width: 49.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.89625, -70.89757 (decimal degrees)
41°53'46" N, 70°53'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/342589/4639997 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 66301 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 26, 2015: Added by Erich Pfistner