Upper Falls Greenway - Sunset Bridge
Below an abandoned train bridge over the Charles River
Photo by weirdpix
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND)
View this photo at ssl.panoramio.com
BH Photo #309974
Former NYNH&H "Charles River Branch," which ran through from Needham to Kenmore Square in Boston before the Kenmore-Eliot section was sold to the B&A and became the Highland Branch (today's Green Line D branch). Serviced through the 1980s by the Bay Colony Railroad; scheduled to become part of a rail-trail.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Charles River on Upper Falls Greenway
- Needham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, and Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Open to pedestrians as an observation deck
- Built 1915
- - Boston Bridge Works of Boston, Massachusetts
- - Bay Colony Railroad (BCLR)
- Charles River Railroad
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 69.5 ft.
Total length: 75.8 ft.
Deck width: 9.3 ft.
- Skew angle
- 29 degrees
- Also called
- BCLR - Charles River Bridge
NH - Charles River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.30730, -71.22400 (decimal degrees)
42°18'26" N, 71°13'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/316698/4686291 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 64885 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 4, 2016: Updated by Luke: Bridge is "open" to pedestrians
- December 20, 2014: Added by Ian Martin