MBTA - Charles River Bridge
Built 1916 replacing an earlier lattice deck truss bridge; largest arch span on the MBTA commuter rail system.
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Charles River on MBTA Worcester Line
- Newton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916
- - Boston & Albany Railroad (B&A; BA)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Commuter Rail
- Conrail (CR)
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 76.0 ft.
Total length: 218.5 ft.
Deck width: 62.0 ft.
- Also called
- B&A Main Line Bridge No. 10.96
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.34075, -71.25702 (decimal degrees)
42°20'27" N, 71°15'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/314074/4690077 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55615 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 6, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- December 6, 2014: New photo from Ian Martin
- February 22, 2013: Added by Luke Harden